Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

my sweet dreams book collection


It's summertime again!   When I was a teenager, summertime was my favorite time of the year.   Unlike most kids who got bored during the summer,  I loved staying home so that I could reread my favorite books.  My Sweet Dreams collection was always part of my TBRR (to be reread pile.)   I loved looking at their bookcovers.   While I enjoyed arranging my books in alphabetical order, arranging them according to the prettiest cover girl to the ugliest was equally as fun.


I had hoped to pass on my Sweet Dreams books to my future daughter but my babies were all boys (and i have no plans at all to have another baby). So I sold these as a lot on Ebay.


Guy meets girl and they fall in love. This is always the recurring plot in all Sweet Dreams books.




         I inherited about 10 vintage ones from my older sister including the jewel of this set, P.S. I Love You, the first book in the series. It was also the only one where the girl didn't end up with the guy…because he died (spoiler!)


 I have two favorites, Too Close For Comfort, a story about bestfriends who fall for each other and I Can't Forget You, where a former couple rekindles an old romance.  What's your favorite Sweet Dreams book?


photo credit: 

amazon.com - i can't forget you,too close for comfort
goodreads.com - p.s. i love you

   

1 comment:

  1. hi! I would like to ask... if your sell your books?I am desperately wanting to buy Dear Amanda #33 Rosemary Vernon... please, I'm from the Phils. :(

    ReplyDelete